According to premises liability law in New York, homeowners and property owners can be held liable for any injury sustained by a worker or visitor on their property as a result of negligent upkeep. This includes:
- Ensuring that driveways and walkways are sufficiently cleaned of ice and snow during the winter months
- Ensuring that steps, walkways, and flooring are kept in proper repair so there is no possibility of someone tripping on something that’s come loose
- Ensuring that hallways and other spaces are well lit with properly maintained fixtures
- Ensuring that sufficient security is provided for the general building and parking areas
- Ensuring that smoke detectors and alarms are in working order.
If a homeowner or property owner has been negligent in providing a safe environment for their visitors or employees, they can be held liable for injuries sustained because of that negligence.
If you have suffered an injury because of someone’s inattention to the state of their property – an injury that has caused you pain and suffering and has compromised your ability to live a productive, healthy life – you are entitled to compensation. The Law Offices of Eric R. Bernstein, P.C. has the experience and knowledge of New York State premises law to get you the compensation you deserve.
Let us help ease the pain. Please call the Law Offices of Eric R. Bernstein, P.C. at (877) 21 NY LAW or submit an online contact form today to schedule your free initial consultation and learn more about how we can help.