New York City Slip and Fall Attorney
Slip and fall accidents can result in very serious injuries or death. In fact, falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The consequences of slip and fall injuries can last a lifetime, and you need full compensation to pay for all the care you will need. New York slip and fall attorney Eric R. Bernstein is here to help. Please, do not hesitate to call and schedule your free consultation.
Getting Started Right Away
Liability can be difficult to prove in slip and fall cases. To win, we must prove that the property or business owner was aware of or should have known about the dangerous conditions and that they failed to correct the problem in a timely fashion.
Although the statute of limitations is three years for a slip and fall lawsuit in New York, you should talk to an experienced slip and fall attorney right away. Evidence needs to be gathered as soon as possible. We need to locate and speak to witnesses, review any video of your accident, and document the conditions at the scene if at all possible. Crucial evidence can disappear or be destroyed quickly after a slip and fall accident. Witnesses become more difficult to identify and locate and their memories fade.
Hazardous Conditions Leading to Slip and Fall
Examples of hazardous conditions that can lead to slip and fall accidents include:
- Obstacles, debris or messes left in walkways
- Low obstacles that create a tripping hazard, such as open cabinets or drawers
- Cables or cords across pathways
- Loose or wrinkled carpeting and rugs
- Slick flooring material
- Spills and other messes that are not cleaned up in a timely fashion
- Failure to mark or block off wet floors and other dangerous areas
- Failure to post warning signs for wet floors during cleaning
- Slippery residues left behind from cleaning products
- Step up or step down which is not marked
- Damaged flooring
- Uneven floors or walkways
- Uneven or damaged stairs
- Missing or loose hand rails
- Elevators, escalators, or moving sidewalks that are damaged or malfunction
- Inadequate lighting
- Inadequate snow and ice removal
- Leaky refrigeration or air conditioning unit
- Other leaks that cause slick floors or sidewalks
- Slick mold overgrowth
- Damaged or uneven sidewalks
- Damaged parking lot surfaces
- Loose gravel
To learn more about your rights after a slip and fall accident in New York City or anywhere in New York, please call the Law Offices of Eric R. Bernstein, P.C., at (877) 21 NY LAW or submit an online contact form today to schedule your free initial consultation.