If you have been hurt in a commercial truck accident, you need full compensation for your injuries, money that can pay for your medical bills, lost income, as well as expenses and losses that you continue to face for the rest of your life as a result of serious injuries. Determining fault an who can be held liable for truck accident injuries requires the expertise of an experienced and dedicated truck accident attorney. If your accident occurred in New York, please do not hesitate to call the Law Offices of Eric R. Bernstein to learn how we can help.
Attorney Eric Bernstein represents truck accident victims in New York City, Long Island and throughout New York.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Unrealistic schedules
- Inadequately secured load
- Unbalanced load
- Overweight truck
- Speeding or driving too fast for the conditions
- Defective truck or equipment
- Inadequately maintained truck or equipment
- Distracted truck driver
- Truck driver lacked proper training, experience or licensing
- Failure to perform per-trip inspection
- Negligence on the part of another driver who may or may not have been directly involved in the crash
- Defective roadway including missing or inaccurate height or weight limit signs
Trucking Company Responsibility
Trucking companies have extensive responsibilities under the law and can be held liable for truck accidents resulting from their failure (or the failure of their drivers) to live up to their duties. Under federal trucking regulations, trucking companies must adhere to very strict screening and hiring practices and monitor their drivers. Trucking companies are also responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing their trucks. Along with these rules come strict requirements for documenting compliance.
If you were injured by a large truck in New York, please email or call the Law Offices of Eric R. Bernstein, P.C. at (877) 21 NY LAW or today to schedule your free initial consultation.